Nevada Senior Citizen of The Year 2021
Mission: To recognize and honor one Senior Citizen each year for his/her significant contribution made at the local and/or state level specifically in support of Senior Citizens and Veterans of Nevada.
Nevada Senior Citizen of the Year Qualifications and Guidelines
1. The nominee must be a resident of the State of Nevada for a minimum of 5 years.
2. The nominee must be 65 years of age or older as of December 31st of this year.
3. Finalists will be selected for significant contributions made at the local and/or, state level and by excellence achieved through going above and beyond the call of duty, specifically with respect to volunteer work in support of Senior Citizens and/or Veterans of the State of Nevada. (Complete list of qualifications)
4. In addition to the nomination form, please provide a written summary of the significant accomplishments of the nominee, including dates and appropriate documents and testimonials to support the nomination. (Please attach additional supporting letters.)
5. Please provide a recent photo-headshot of the candidate. (A digital photo should be sent to the email address below.)
6. Nominations will be evaluated on the scope and impact of a nominee’s achievements and the extent to which the nominee’s efforts benefitted and provided inspiration to the senior community and other Senior Citizens.
7. Nominations (Nomination Form) will be reviewed by a committee consisting of the Chairman of Foundation Assisting Seniors, the previous Nevada Senior Citizen of the Year winners, and such other seniors as may be appointed by the committee.
8. Three finalists will be selected. Subsequently, the winner will be chosen by a secret ballot cast by the committee members. The envelope is to be opened and the winner announced at the FAS Annual Gala on October 8, 2022.
9. Questions may be addressed to M Favil West at: Chairman@FoundationAssistingSeniors.org or by telephone at
(725) 244-4200. (Chairman's Letter)
Nominations for the year must be received no later than September 23, 2022. They may be emailed to the address above, or mailed to:
M Favil West, Chairman
The Foundation Assisting Seniors
2518 Anthem Village Dr. Suite 102
Henderson, NV 89052