Nevada Senior Citizen of The Year 2021
Mission: To recognize and honor one Senior Citizen each year for his/her significant contribution made at the local and/or state level specifically in support of Senior Citizens of Nevada.
Nevada Senior Citizen of the Year Qualifications and Guidelines
1. The nominee must be a resident of the State of Nevada for a minimum of 5 years.
2. The nominee must be 65 years of age or older as of December 31, 2021.
3. Finalists will be selected for significant contributions made at the local and/or, state level and by excellence achieved through going above and beyond the call of duty, specifically with respect to volunteer work in support of Senior Citizens of the State of Nevada. (Complete list of qualifications)
4. In addition to the nomination form, please provide a written summary of the significant accomplishments of the nominee, including dates and appropriate documents and testimonials to support the nomination. Please provide a recent photo (headshot) of the candidate. (A digital photo should be sent to the email address below.)
5. Nominations will be evaluated on the scope and impact of a nominee’s achievements and the extent to which the nominee’s efforts benefit(ed) and provide(d) inspiration to the senior community and other Senior Citizens.
6. Nominations (Nomination Form) will be reviewed by a committee consisting of the Chairman of Foundation Assisting Seniors, the Senior Senator of the Nevada Delegation of the National Silver Haired Congress, the previous winners, and such other seniors as may be appointed by the committee.
7. Three finalists will be selected. Subsequently, the winner will be chosen by a secret ballot cast by the committee members. The envelope to be opened and the winner announced at the FAS annual gala.
Nominations for the year must be postmarked no later than September 15, 2021, and emailed to the address above, or mailed to:
Favil West, Chairman
The Foundation Assisting Seniors
2518 Anthem Village Dr. Suite 102
Henderson, NV 89052